All you need is one pan, a few pantry staples, and 25 minutes until you can enjoy this simple sheet pan garlic parmesan chicken dinner.
While I have the best intention of meal planning every week, August has been crazy-town around this kitchen. Heck, around THIS HOUSE. And that’s putting it nicely! Seriously though, between all the happenings during this stage of my family’s life [re: my recent day in the life post], I just have not wanted to cook. Or clean. Or heck, sometimes Mom. But because I still have little mouths to feed and carry-out doesn’t always sit well with the CFO of our family, meals have been made. And gobbled down, thanks to this simple garlic parmesan chicken recipe.
So let’s say I do meal plan for the week, you guys know I’m using my themed dinner ideas as a starting point. Then I usually think about cooking methods. If I know we have a pool day, or soon-to-be school day, I’ll most likely have a slow cooker recipe on the menu. But for those nights when we are rushing in or out of the house, I like sheet pan meals. Mainly because I can throw everything on one pan and the cleanup is a breeze!
The best part about this garlic parmesan chicken isn’t that it’s a sheet pan meal. Or that it involves ingredients I almost always have on hand. It’s because a certain trio stopped all their madness for the day and decided they liked it too. And that my friends, is all this Mom needs every now and then. Meal plan or NOT! I think the trick to pleasing their bellies was that they thought my big chicken cubes [not a culinary, I know] were just over-sized chicken nuggets. Whatever works guys… broken record here, but whatever works! Just don’t forget the side of pasta! That helped too!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- ½ cup Garlic Expressions dressing
- ¾ cup Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425. Add dressing to an mixing bowl and combine panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in an additional bowl.
- Dredge chicken pieces in dressing. Then cover completely with the panko parmesan mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Arrange asparagus pieces around the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is done.
I know I’m not the only sheet pan chicken dinner fan out there. What’s been you go-to sheet pan dinner lately?!