Skillet Chili-Lime Chicken Fajitas are a fast, fresh, and flavorful recipe that you can have on your dinner table in under 30 minutes!
Disclosure: Thank you to the Kroger Co. of Michigan for sponsoring this post and providing the giveaway. As always, all thoughts, opinions, and toddler musings are my own.
Like many of you, I fell off the meal planning wagon in December. Ok, I really fell off the making-meals-at-home wagon. From holiday parties to sleepovers at Nana and Grandpa’s, we ate out MUCH more than usual last month. After new year’s I find myself craving fresh, homemade dinners much more than usual. And for good reason: eating at home is often easier on one’s budget and waistline when healthy recipes are prepared, like these skillet chili-lime chicken fajitas.
A simple weeknight meal made in under 30 minutes, one can never go wrong with Mexican-inspired meals in my house. The best part? Like most of our taco or fajita nights, the kids are happy with a little meat and a whole lot of cheese! And me? I’m happy with plenty of fresh veggies to offset the chips and cheese, my kids, feast on. Disclosure: I DO put veggies on their plates too! And peppers are their favorite, so this meal is a win in my book.
While fresh produce seems like a paradox in January in Michigan, by shopping at Kroger I know we are getting fresh produce at a great price all year round. Knowing I can get our favorites [peppers, onions, avocados, etc. all of which are in this chili-lime chicken fajitas recipe] all year round, I can easily plan meals around fruits and veggies my family enjoys.
In fact, I rarely have to change my weekly ClickList order because the program KNOWS I always have the ingredients for this recipe in my cart week after week. While I don’t always make fajitas each week, I do use Simple Truth Chicken Breasts and peppers for snacks, stir-fry, casseroles, and more! But fear not. If you decide to make these chili-lime chicken fajitas for dinner every week I won’t sway you. They are THAT delicious and healthy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Simple Truth Chicken Breasts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 lime, zested and juice reserved
- Tortilla shells, sour cream, avocado, salsa [all optional] to serve
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken breast slices and add to skillet, cooking for about 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from pan and add vegetables, cooking for 10 minutes, or until soft. Add chicken back to pan and heat through.
- Just before serving, add lime juice and zest to chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Serve in tortilla shells or on top of salad greens with your favorite fajita toppings.
A big thank you to the Kroger Co. of Michigan for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to learn about an awesome giveaway on behalf of Kroger!