A printable list of 25 healthy toddler snack ideas perfect for the big and little kids in your family, including Mom and Dad too!
Today I’m talking about my toddler’s favorite subject: snacking! I’ve included many of these in my 50+ healthy meal and snack ideas for kids, but figured I’d branch out with a few more of my kids’ favorites.
I’ve pulled together 25 healthy snacks for kids that my toddlers will vouch for. When it comes to balancing out our snacks I always try to include one to two of the five food groups. When I get wild and add more, then the snack becomes more like a meal— and results in my boys not wanting to eat their lunch or dinner.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind with this Snack List:
- All snacks are appropriate for kids, parents, and grandparents. I just titled it for toddlers because that’s the stage my kids are in!
- Make sure you space out snack and mealtime, or else your kids might not be hungry for lunch or dinner. I’ve actually found by skipping the afternoon snack the boys eat a lot more of dinner! Or they ask for one of these snacks instead of their meal… go figure!
- To ensure the snack is NOT the size of a meal, I use these small bowls to portion out the snacks and give them ¼ to ½ of what my serving would be.
- If your child is snacking well but not eating at meals, try eliminating snack time. Or diverting them to do something else to see if they are really THAT hungry. If so, then try making the snack a smaller size.
More Snack Posts You’ll Enjoy
- Playdate Snack Mix [For Moms & Kids!]
- 20 No-Added Sugar Snacks for Kids
- 50 Kid-Friendly Meal and Snack Ideas – No Recipes Needed
- How to Handle After School Snacking
→ Click here to download the PDF of 25 toddler snack ideas and print off a copy for your bulletin board or pantry door! You can also PIN this image to save for later!
If I’m missing one of your toddler’s favorite snack, feel free to share below! We can all use new snacks in our repertoire. Here’s to healthy snacks that are perfect for toddlers—- and just as delicious for parents. For you know, those moments when the kiddos want to share….Make snack time count with this printable list of 25 healthy snacks for kids! Click To Tweet
Very helpful could do with some more recipes and list of sugar free foods.
I’m working on the list as we speak! Great idea Linda!
Bhavya Patel says
Thank you for the post. This post helped me select Mumumco Snacks for my kid brother. I almost dislike every healthy snack but he liked Mumumco snacks. Visit https://www.mumumco.com/ for more.