Most weeknight meals in our house have one thing in common: they take <30 minutes to make. Cooking is my release after a busy day, but so is going for a walk after dinner, watching Detroit Tiger’s baseball, or relaxing on the couch with my Kindle. Priorities people! Last week after a jam-packed day, I was perusing our fridge and came across Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Then the creative juices started flowing… and voila! Along came this delicious Taco Pie!
This recipe was SO quick and delicious, that I’ve decided it’s going on our monthly (if not weekly) menu rotation. Crescent Rolls for the crust?! I’ve said too much… Enjoy!
Easy Taco Pie
- 1- 8 ounce package of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium sized onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 1- 8 ounce jar of Ortega Taco Sauce (mild, medium, hot, YOUR call)
- 1/4 cup diced green chiles
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: lettuce, avocado, tomato, sour cream, etc.
- Heat your oven to 375. Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. Place in ungreased 9-inch pie plate; press over bottom and up side to form crust.
- Cook beef in a skillet over medium-heat for 5 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and taco seasoning and cook for another 5 minutes. Spoon out grease if there is excess (I used 96% lean ground beef and there was barely any in the pan).
- Stir in taco sauce and green chiles. Spoon mixture into crust lined pan. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with toppings.
This dish can be made even easier if you swap out the onion, garlic, taco sauce, and green chiles and substitute with 3/4 cup of your favorite salsa.
No taco seasoning on hand? Fear NOT! Make your own!