Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie has all the warm flavors of fall with a refreshingly sweet and healthy twist on the typical pie cravings.
Why You’ll Love This Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie
You know the traditional sweet potato pie, casserole, or bake that shows it’s face during the holidays? Yes, I love it too. THIS smoothie tastes just as good and sweet, but is healthy for you!
Adults, little and big kids will enjoy this smoothie. Smoothies are perfect for a quick breakfast or snack. I love how you can pack lots of nutrients into smoothies too! Don’t tell the four tops they’re missing out on marshmallow topping, please…
What’s In This Smoothie
- Milk (2 cups) – I used fat free
- Banana (1-medium) – fresh or frozen
- Sweet Potato (1-medium) – cooked, peel if you want. I suggest trying it with the peel first, because it has more nutrients in it. To cook the sweet potato, poke the sweet potato with a fork, place on a microwave safe dish, and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, turning once.
- Ice (1/2 cup)
- Greek Yogurt (1/4 cup) – I used vanilla flavored. You can use another type of yogurt if you want. Fun fact: People with Lactose-Intolerance can eat Greek yogurt. It doesn’t upset their digestive system.
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
- Cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon)
More Smoothie To Enjoy
- Beef, Beans, and Greens Soup
- Southwestern Turkey Soup
- Chicken Lemon Rice Soup (Avgolemono Soup)
- Italian Beef Tortellini Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup Five Ways
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, cooked
- 1 medium-sized banana, peeled
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt, vanilla flavored
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup ice
- Add all ingredients into your blender. Cover; blend on high for about one minute or until smooth.
- Serve immediately.