This sheet pan chicken dinner is easy, healthy, and delicious! Mix and match this recipe with your favorite vegetables for a chicken dinner you don’t want to miss!
I know I rave and write a lot about the skillet dinner phenomena, and many of you might wonder if I cook any other way. But the reality is there’s another cooking method that competes with the skillet dinner quite a bit in our house: the sheet pan dinner! Like it’s skillet counterpart, there’s one pan. One pan to cook on and clean up. Unlike the skillet dinner, sheet pan dinners don’t have to be an all-in-the-middle kind of meal. You can make separate rows based on ingredients! Did that even make sense?! It’s hard to verbalize where my mind is going sometimes….
I feel like I’m a little late on the sheet pan chicken dinner train, but just like a good pair of tennis shoes, a sheet pan chicken dinner never goes out of style! And the best part is you can mix and match the veg based on what your family likes OR what you happen to have on hand in your pantry or fridge. I made the tennis shoes comment as a reminder for myself to order new shoes before baby sis arrives. Someone, please remind me beyond this blog post!
A couple of tips re: my sheet pan chicken dinner recipe:
- Cut the potatoes small and evenly. If you do not, you’ll need to roast them in the oven 10 minutes before you add extra ingredients to the pan.
- The cheese topping is completely OPTIONAL. Since I used chicken breasts I was worried they would dry out. Plus, my boys love anything and everything with melted cheese on top, so I was not about to go without a little melted cheese in this one.
- If you have a non-stick baking sheet USE it. Or else use lots of olive oil when roasting. The veggies can and will stick!
- Roasting time really is dependent on how thick the chicken breasts are. If you are using thinner pieces of meat, cook for 20-25 minutes. And consider roasting the potatoes for 5-10 minutes before you top with the chicken.
Enjoy— and please tell the designated dishwasher in your house I’ve got their back!
- 1 russet potato, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup soft herb cheese, such as Boursin
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400. In a large resealable plastic bag, add potatoes, broccoli, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix together until evenly seasoned.
- Toss and spread seasoned vegetables around a large non-stick jelly roll pan. Top with chicken breasts.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top chicken breasts with herb cheese and mozzarella cheese, evenly. Stir vegetables.
- Put pan back in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
This sheet pan chicken dinner is a one pan meal that's sure to please the whole family! Click To Tweet