Turkey pesto meatballs are made with just 4 ingredients and make the perfect healthy protein for meatball subs or served with marinara and whole-grain pasta for a simple weeknight meal.
Why You’ll Love These Turkey Pesto Meatballs
You guys, I just made a double batch of these turkey pesto meatballs this weekend to have on hand. Why? First and foremost, the ENTIRE family eats them. Second, they freeze really well [both cooked and uncooked]. If I haven’t swayed you yet then check out the ingredients list. 4 ingredients!
The first time I made these turkey pesto meatballs we ate them approximately 23 minutes after they were done cooking. But if you’re like me and are looking for a few gold star make ahead freezer meals before the birth of a child, for a friend who needs an extra hand in the kitchen, or heck, just because you lead a busy lifestyle and want to eat healthy, then these turkey pesto meatballs are for you!
Tips & Tricks for These Meatballs
- I made them into mini meatballs so they didn’t take up too much room in my freezer!
- If you don’t have ground turkey on hand feel free to swap out the meat for ground chicken or ground beef. I’m sure any combo would be delicious!
- Get your children to help! They can help you scoop and roll the meatballs which is a plus for the head chef in your house.
Enjoy These Meatballs With
- Whole wheat pasta and marinara sauce
- A sub! Fill a sub with these meatballs and some marinara sauce!
- Whole wheat pasta and your family’s favorite veggie
- Pick your poison!
More Turkey Recipes To Enjoy
- Southwestern Turkey Soup
- Tex-Mex Ground Turkey Skillet
- Turkey, Cranberry and White Cheddar Sandwich
- Pesto Turkey Noodle Soup
- Tri-Colored Turkey Burgers
- 5 Easy Leftover Turkey Recipes
If you are a freezer meal aficionado, I’d love to hear what your favorite freezer meal is! Tell me below in the comments!
4 ingredient Turkey Pesto Meatballs are the perfect make-ahead freezer meal! Click To Tweet
- 1 ¼ pound lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup pesto
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Using your hands, stir mixture until everything is well combined.
- Using about 1 tablespoon of the mixture per meatball, roll into balls and place on a nonstick baking sheet or baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
I made 100 of these last night. Kept a few out to try today. I was surprised how well they froze even though I did not cook them. Put about 10 in toaster oven straight from freezer for 20 minutes on 350. They are delicious!! I’m just hoping all my “kiddos” like them as much as I do. They’re having them for
lunch next week. Can’t wait to try some of your other recipes. Thank you!
served these to my kiddos today for lunch. A success!! They’re asking for seconds.
I need the amount of ingredients to increase this recipe to serve 100 at 3-4 meatballs a serving. ASAP please