A classic meatball recipe gets a flavor-punch with extra Parmesan cheese in these easy baked Parmesan meatballs.
If you’ve noticed something about my social sharing lately whether it be on this blog, Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram, you might have noticed it’s been a little sporadic. No schedule. Pretty much winging-it. And guess what guys? That’s been the theme in my kitchen too. Truth be told I often open my protein drawer in the fridge or freezer and think, “what can I make with this ground beef?” My kids aren’t always the biggest fan of protein [chicken nuggets and chicken sausage are always a win], but when a recipe I make involves cheese and marinara sauce, I’m THAT much closer to getting them to take or try a bite. So, when some ground beef stared me in the face last Friday, I had an ah-ha baked parmesan meatballs moment and decided to give this recipe a try!
I blame the weather and the fact that ONE of my three decides dinner is their least favorite time and meal of the day to be the reason I’m in a meal planning funk. But there’s something about a cheesy, juicy meatball that made me realize meal planning doesn’t need to be complicated. And a standby recipe for meatballs, sloppy joe’s, stir-fry, etc. is a must for your pantry if you ever find yourself in a dinnertime funk like me.
The kids gobbled up their noodles and sauce, and Anthony in true Anthony fashion asked for more beef. Joey wanted lots of Parmesan cheese. And Lily certainly made a mess with the sauce. I call that a pretty good dinnertime in my opinion.
When in doubt, or you have no idea what to make for dinner, think about making these easy baked parmesan meatballs. Not a fan of beef? Then try my pesto turkey meatballs. You can also swap in ground chicken or ground turkey in the original recipe. As long as you have lots of Parmesan cheese on hand you’ll be fighting your family for the last bite!
- 1 lb. Ground Sirloin
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425. In a large mixing bowl, add sirloin, egg, garlic, herbs, and cheese. Stir to combine. Form into 12-14 meatballs.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Once oil is heated, add meatballs and brown on two sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add marinara sauce over meatballs. Place skillet in preheated oven, baking meatballs for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with pasta or zucchini noodles and extra Parmesan cheese.
Need some dinner ideas to bookmark for future reference? You might like these posts: