Have leftover turkey from your holiday dinner? Here are 5 easy ways to gobble it down!
Why You’ll Love These Easy Leftover Turkey Recipes
- They’re simple and delicious recipes you and your family will love.
- You are getting rid of leftovers! What can be better than that?
- These tips apply to any protein, NOT just turkey! So, make a batch of shredded chicken [link to my shredded chicken how-to], and the same rules apply.
- Did I mention you can freeze cooked protein too? So save some extra turkey in freezer bags and use it later for soups or stews!
Tips for Using Leftover Turkey
- Sprinkle some water on the turkey when you reheat it to rehydrate it
- Use what you have! There’s no need for any food to go to waste!
- If you still have leftovers, and you are done eating turkey, freeze it! You can always save it for another time.
Here’s How I’m Going to Gobbling Up Leftover Turkey
- BBQ Turkey Sandwiches: No recipe needed here folks. Just take that turkey, heat it up in a skillet with some BBQ sauce, then plate it on top of a roll or bun! I’m going to take ours to the next level by adding a crunchy coleslaw topping.
- Turkey Noodle Soup: Yep, just like chicken noodle. Except you add turkey! My favorite chicken noodle has lots of roasted garlic, which pairs nicely with turkey too!
- Turkey Tacos: I told you this was going to be easy! Turkey and taco seasoning sounds like a weird combo, but I swear once you mix the two with your favorite salsa and taco toppings, you won’t be disappointed!
- Turkey Stir-Fry: All you need is a basic stir-fry recipe and at the last minute toss in the cooked turkey!
- Turkey Panini: I’ve got you covered with my favorite recipe right here.
Easy peasy my friends! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with loved ones and that you have plenty of leftover turkey to enjoy too!