Pancake muffins taste just like a pancake in muffin form, without having to worry about the flipping and cooking time of standard pancakes! (under 30-minutes)
Every few weeks I get in the mood to make pancakes and I’m quickly reminded why I get on the pancake kick every FEW weeks vs. every week.
I’m not patient, folks. Pancakes require patience.
And as I was told my freshman year of high school in design class, “you do not have good quality control.” Guess that’s why I got a “B” in art!
Anyhow, I love everything about pancakes except for the whole process involved in making them. That was before I figured out how to make pancake muffins!
Yep, you heard right. Pancake muffins. They are the perfect lazy morning breakfast or afternoon snack!
All you do is simply take your favorite pancake mix [store bought or homemade], pancake mix-in’s [think chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, cinnamon, etc.], an extra egg or two [depending on how fluffy you want them], and voila!
Put the mix in a muffin tin pan and bake for about 15 minutes. Much easier than standing over your stovetop waiting for those bubbles and flipping those hot cakes, am I right?!
Unless you’re into that kind of thing and making pancakes brings you joy! For me, it brings stress and bad memories of design class….
Keep in mind depending on the type of mix you use, you’ll likely get a different result in the shape or height of the muffin. And if you think your family won’t finish a batch in one sitting, then freeze a few and reheat in the microwave for busy weekday mornings.
Pancakes in a flash! Again, without the flipping and turning… and nightmares of design class!
Other Muffin Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Banana Bread Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Mini Monkey Bread Muffins
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins with Greek Yogurt
- One batch of pancake mix [mixed according to box or recipe directions]
- Optional extra egg if you’d like fluffier muffins
- Optional mix-in’s such as chocolate chips, dried fruit, chopped nuts, cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix together pancake batter and the extra egg.
- Spray muffin tin pan with nonstick spray or use muffin liners. Fill ⅔ way full. Top with 1 tablespoon of mix-ins per muffin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.