Pancake muffins are the perfect lazy morning breakfast or afternoon snack. They taste just like a pancake in muffin form, without having to worry about the flipping and cooking time of standard pancakes!
Every few weeks I get in the mood to make pancakes and I’m quickly reminded why I get on the pancake kick every FEW weeks vs. every week. I’m not patient, folks. Pancakes require patience. And as I was told my freshman year of high school in design class, “you do not have good quality control.” Guess that’s why I got a “B” in art! Anyhow, I love everything about pancakes except for the whole process involved in making them. That was before I figured out how to make pancake muffins!
Yep, you heard right. Pancake muffins. All you do is simply take your favorite pancake mix [store bought or homemade], pancake mix-in’s [think chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, cinnamon, etc.], an extra egg or two [depending on how fluffy you want them], and voila! Put the mix in a muffin tin pan and bake for about 15 minutes. Much easier than standing over your stovetop waiting for those bubbles and flipping those hot cakes, am I right?!
Unless you’re into that kind of thing and making pancakes brings you joy! For me, it brings stress and bad memories of design class….
- One batch of pancake mix [mixed according to box or recipe directions]
- Optional extra egg if you’d like fluffier muffins
- Optional mix-in’s such as chocolate chips, dried fruit, chopped nuts, cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix together pancake batter and the extra egg.
- Spray muffin tin pan with nonstick spray or use muffin liners. Fill ⅔ way full. Top with 1 tablespoon of mix-ins per muffin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Keep in mind depending on the type of mix you use, you’ll likely get a different result in the shape or height of the muffin. And if you think your family won’t finish a batch in one sitting, then freeze a few and reheat in the microwave for busy weekday mornings. Pancakes in a flash! Again, without the flipping and turning… and nightmares of design class! Enjoy pancakes for breakfast without all the flipping! Try these easy baked pancake muffins! Click To Tweet