With just two ingredients, these mini monkey bread muffins are baked in a muffin tin pan and make the perfect sweet treat at breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
I don’t know what’s come over me the past few weeks, but all I want it sweets! Not in the candy bar or chewy sour form. But sweets as in carb-o-licious, baked goods form! And with Mother’s Day right around the corner I’ve already started thinking about what kind of sweet treats I can indulge in [or at least have a serving or two of]. I’ve made my menu requests—which really means I’ll be cooking if we stay in— and these mini monkey bread muffins have made the list!
In my opinion, mini monkey bread muffins are the ideal breakfast or brunch option for Mother’s Day— or any holiday or special occasion for that fact. Why? Well for starters, my husband and soon-to-be-kitchen-helping kiddos can make these. Without supervision from Mom! Plus, they are easy. And any easy baked good with a simple shortcut [i.e. using store bought cinnamon rolls] is a winner in my book. You know I’m not a fan of the 9-step, 10-ingredient baked good… but I’ll eat whatever you’re baking if you don’t mind sharing!
So if you’re looking for a special treat to show Mom how much you love her or need to give your better half a hint hint sort of recipe, consider these mini monkey bread muffins. Did I mention they also have fresh apples in them?! As my husband would say, “the dietitian is always adding a fruit or vegetable to our meals!”
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1 medium sized Gala apple, chopped [peeled, optional]
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 8 regular-sized muffin cups with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls. Cut each into 6 pieces; place 6 pieces in each muffin cup. Add 2-4 pieces of apple between the cinnamon roll pieces, making sure they are tucked in and/or touching the dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes; cook in pan before serving for about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with icing if desired [highly recommended].
Anyone else cooking or baking something sweet for Mom next weekend?! Surprise Mom this Mother's Day with this sweet treat: Mini Monkey Bread Muffins! Click To Tweet