No-bake chocolate protein bars are made with just six ingredients and are the perfect snack for on-the-go, busy days!
The other day we talked about who, what, where, and why for protein powder. Today I’m talking the how! How-to enjoy protein powder in tasty, no-bake chocolate protein bars.
When it comes to getting enough protein throughout the day, I usually have no problem. Milk with meals? Check. Yogurt and hard-boiled eggs for snacks? Check. Chicken OR beef for dinner? Check.
Eating regular meals and snacks daily? NOPE! Not with my erratic schedule of feeding a toddler and a newborn— and chasing, entertaining, bathing, etc. them when I’m not feeding them. I’m not one for supplementing nutrients unless it’s medically necessary. And missing meals because of limited time and energy counts as a reason for these no-bake chocolate protein bars in my book!
What’s with my affinity to no-bake chocolate protein bars? I can answer that:
- Convenience [which I need as evidenced by my story about no time to eat]
- My pantry is overflowing with peanut butter…
- Buying protein bars in the store can make your grocery bill add up!
- It’s easier than you think to make a homemade version— I was inspired by this recipe.
- I can pronounce every ingredient in these protein bars- a healthier version? Maybe so!
If you’re not into making your own protein bar, do you have a favorite store-bought brand?
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oats
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Combine the milk, peanut butter, and honey in a large bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds. Stir and microwave for an additional 15 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and press the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Freeze for at least 15 minutes. Cut into bars [I made 8].
- Store in an air-tight container in your freezer or fridge for up to one week.