No-bake chocolate protein bars are made with just six ingredients and are the perfect snack for on-the-go, busy days!
When it comes to getting enough protein throughout the day, I usually have no problem. Milk with meals? Check. Yogurt and hard-boiled eggs for snacks? Check. Chicken OR beef for dinner? Check. Eating regular meals and snacks daily? NOPE!
Not with my erratic schedule of Mom-life, work-life, and well, just LIFE in general. I’m not one for supplementing nutrients unless it’s medically necessary. And missing meals because of limited time and energy counts as a reason for these no-bake chocolate protein bars in my book!
Why You’ll Love These Chocolate Protein Bars
- Convenience [which I need as evidenced by my story about no time to eat]
- My pantry is overflowing with peanut butter…
- Buying protein bars in the store can make your grocery bill add up!
- It’s easier than you think to make a homemade version— I was inspired by this recipe.
- I can pronounce every ingredient in these protein bars- a healthier version? Maybe so!
How to Make No-Bake Chocolate Protein Bars
- Gather the ingredients
- Combine milk, peanut butter, honey, and microwave. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Flatten mixture out on a baking sheet with or without parchment paper.
- Freeze for about 15 minutes and cut into bars.
More Snacks You’ll Love
If you’re not into making your own protein bar, do you have a favorite store-bought brand?
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oats
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Combine the milk, peanut butter, and honey in a large bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds. Stir and microwave for an additional 15 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and press the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Freeze for at least 15 minutes. Cut into bars [I made 8].
- Store in an air-tight container in your freezer or fridge for up to one week.