A simple chicken breast gets topped with creamy hummus for one weeknight meal that’s ready in no time!
Sometimes I come up with a new meal idea and think to myself, “man, I still got it!” Just when I think my children have taken all my brain cells and zest for cooking with their hot dog and grilled cheese demands, I put two and two together like this hummus baked chicken and alas, mealtime is FUN again.
Really though, whenever I serve chicken, steak, pork, etc. to the boys, I almost always serve it with hummus. Why? Because they dip almost anything in hummus. And I’m therefore almost guaranteed they’ll take a bit or two of the meat. So when my creative side decided it was time to TOP the chicken with hummus AND let the boys see what I was doing with their favorite spread [or dip], we were all pretty excited for the hummus baked chicken results!
For this recipe I had Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus on hand so I decided to use that for the topping. Next time I think I’m going to try plain hummus + a tablespoon of dry ranch seasoning. Or maybe chipotle hummus + taco seasoning mix. Because there are so many flavors of hummus to choose from, the flavor combinations are endless!!! Needless to say, everyone enjoyed this simple meal that took less than 5 minutes to prep and dirtied one baking dish. Bon appetit!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 450. Spray a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add chicken breasts.
- Mix hummus and dry seasoning mix in a small bowl. Spread evenly over the top of each chicken breast, making sure each breast is well covered.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
My wheels are turning guys… what else besides chicken can I top with hummus and bake?!