Easy 10-Minute Parmesan Zucchini is one healthy side that pairs well with any main dish. All you need is 4 ingredients, 10 minutes, and one hot skillet!
Today’s post is short and sweet, just like this recipe for parmesan zucchini. If you’ve read my most recent motherhood post, you know that between the move, new baby, and new school year, I’m doing my fair share of carryout mixed with homecooked meals. While the homecooked meals are less glamorous than usual, I find that my kiddos take to the less glamorous, especially when it comes to eating more veggies.
And as soon as you scroll down to the recipe for parmesan zucchini you can only guess the main reason they devoured this one: PARMESAN. The shredded kind. When added to a pan of hot zucchini it melts quite nicely over the top- and the kids love throwing it by the handful into the skillet- or their mouths. It also helps that green vegetables are a diet staple for dinosaurs and the Hulk [which I usually remind them of before eating]. Funny how that trick seems to help too.
Whether you have an overflow of zucchini in your summer garden or are looking for a side dish that takes minimal time to make, then give this 10-minute parmesan zucchini a try. The Hulk approves- along with prehistoric wildlife!
- 2 medium zucchini [or one large], diced into 1-1 ½ inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- ¼-½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, oil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to a large resealable plastic bag. Shake until evenly coated.
- Add zucchini to hot skillet. Sautee, stirring frequently until zucchini is browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese, stirring 1-2 more times, then serve immediately.