Roasted Vegetables with Orange Glaze takes roasted veggies to the next level. Made with fresh orange juice and ready in less than a minute, the sweet and savory flavors are amazing together!
Disclosure: Today’s post is brought to you in partnership with the Florida Department of Citrus. As always, all thoughts, opinions, and toddler-musings are my own. For more information about the Florida Department of Citrus, scroll to the bottom of this post!
When it comes to pretty much every holiday my family celebrates, I’m the designated side dish maker. While some days I think, “oh wouldn’t it be nice to host this year!” I’m kindly reminded by my Mom that getting out the door with our trio is enough work. Why add more to my plate?!
This year I plan on making a vegetable side dish everyone [knocking on wood] can get behind: roasted vegetables with orange glaze. Roasted veggies get an upgrade with a simple, microwaved Florida Orange Juice glaze, making this side dish pretty enough for the holidays or just your average weeknight meal.
The secret to getting your family to eat their veggies and like them too in this recipe is in the orange glaze, made with Florida Orange Juice. Florida Orange Juice [Florida OJ] provides a nutritional foundation to help families at every stage of life- nutrients the kids need to fuel their toddler-activity-filled days AND nutrients Mom needs to keep up with them— which seems to be ALL THE TIME during the holiday season. From Vitamin C to folate to potassium, I know I’m supporting healthy habits for my family by using Florida OJ in recipes such as this roasted vegetables with orange glaze.
- 1 large russet potato, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 425. Add vegetables to a large sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until vegetables are brown and tender.
- To make the orange glaze, add juice, cornstarch, mustard and marmalade to a microwaveable dish. Stir to combine. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Immediately drizzle over vegetables before serving.
So whether you need a new side dish for your holiday dinner or want to entice your little ones with a sweet and savory veggie recipe, give this roasted vegetables with orange glaze recipe a try!