Fig, Prosciutto, and Arugula Pizza is simple yet gourmet! Wow your family on pizza night with this delicious and unique flavor combination.
There are a few food traditions in our house that never seem to change. Friday night pizza night. And the making of this fig, prosciutto, and arugula pizza. I’m not sure how or why this pizza became our go-to for pizza night, but we tried it once and now when I go back to good old pepperoni, mushroom, and green bell pepper, Ted and I immediately wish I had made our fav— plus the boys really like the fig spread because it’s sweet. Go figure!
When the United Dairy Industry of Michigan asked me to share a recipe with you all this month that included unique flavor combinations, I knew THIS pizza was the one to share. And anyone that has had a taste of my fig, prosciutto, and arugula pizza would likely say the same. There’s just something about the salty from the prosciutto, the sweet from the fig, and the creaminess from the mozzarella cheese that pairs so well together. Add the fresh greens before serving and seriously, your family’s pizza night will never be the same.
If you want to know a few of my family’s favorite pizza topping combinations, I couldn’t tell you them because we’ve been making this fig, arugula, and prosciutto pizza way BEFORE kids; actually since Ted and I have been married. So almost 5 years now. But here are a few of my favorite pizza-inspired dishes on this website that you could certainly make into pizza-toppings! And for extra pizza-inspiration, be sure to visit the Milk Means More Blog for pages of healthy pizza recipes!
- Skillet Pizza Pasta
- Pizza Grilled Cheese
- BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizzas
- Pizza Kabobs
- Homemade Pizza Sauce
- A Guide to Making Homemade Pizza
In case you haven’t guessed by now, we are officially pizza-obsessed. I’m a firm believer that pizza CAN and SHOULD be considered a healthy food. And one way to prove my argument is to make homemade pizza! And play around with toppings and flavor combinations. But please, PLEASE try this pizza. If I haven’t sold you yet, then I cordially invite you to pizza night at the Serbinski’s house. Which is T-3 days away. Yes, I’m counting the days…
- Prep pizza dough, OR if you use store bought pizza dough, let it rest at room temperature for at least an hour.
- Preheat over to 500 degrees [or as high as the temperature will go].
- Brush baking sheet with olive oil. Stretch pizza dough and place on baking sheet so it’s at least ½ inch thick, shaping it however you’d like.
- Top pizza dough with sauce and prosciutto slices.
- In a microwaveable safe dish, heat fig spread for 15-20 seconds. Drizzle over prosciutto slices.
- Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Slice before serving. Serve with a ¼ cup of arugula per pizza slice.
Skip the pepperoni and update your pizza-night with Fig, Prosciutto, and Arugula Pizza! Click To Tweet
So tell me: What are your family’s favorite pizza toppings? How do you make pizza-night a healthy occasion in your house?
Disclaimer: I am proud to partner with the United Dairy Industry of Michigan to bring you healthy recipes made with cow’s milk. Because of these great partnerships I am able to share delicious and nutritious family-friendly recipes. As always all opinion and ideas are 100% my own. Find out why Milk Means More on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram.