With bottled sauce, pre-cooked chicken, and fresh veggie toppings, these BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizzas come together in minutes!
Alright friends. I promised you two recipe suggestions this week from my simple shredded chicken. Since I have one more day until the start of a new week I am squeezing in this recipe for BBQ chicken flatbread pizzas— remember my first shredded chicken recipe was chicken piccata pasta. I’m a woman of my word! Sleep deprived and all. I might not have showered in a few days and have accidentally thrown our baby monitor in the wash, but I’m here to write a blog post. Tell me I’m crazy…
Speaking of sleep deprivation, here’s the culprit:
He has cuteness and pudgy thighs in his favor. Anyhow, you know we are a pizza eating family. And when I do not have the time or energy for the whole Caputo pizza routine I often make flatbread pizzas! They literally come together in minutes— especially if you have prepped chicken [or any other protein] and veggies ahead of time. I made this batch on Arnold 100% whole wheat sandwich thins but I’ve also used Stonefire flatbreads. I essentially copied the toppings from the classic BBQ chicken pizza at California Pizza Kitchen and added some spinach for a little color and extra nutrition. If you are a fan of that pizza then you know why I copied it. It’s AMAZING!
With a little food prep you can have this dinner on the table in no time. And let’s face it: whether you are a sleep deprived parent, a professional working long days or nights, or a hybrid of the two [I’m sorry, you must be exhausted], you need simple meals to power you through! And with this BBQ chicken flatbread pizza you really can’t ask for an easier dinner!
- 4 sandwich thins [I used Arnold sandwich thins 100% whole wheat]
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1.5 cups BBQ sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup spinach [optional]
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Separate sandwich thins and place on a nonstick baking sheet. While the oven is preheating, combine chicken and one cup of BBQ sauce in a small mixing bowl.
- Top each sandwich thin with the remaining BBQ sauce. Then add a layer of spinach, chicken, onion, and cheese to each sandwich thin [trying your best to add even amounts to each one].
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the ingredients are warmed through. Serve immediately.
So here’s to a quick dinner. Which hopefully means earlier bedtimes. And more sleep for MOM!