Flatbread pizza crust is topped with a homemade pizza sauce and a hearty combination of sausage, mushrooms, and onions! Making pizza night light and flavorful!
Thank you to Flatout Flatbread for sponsoring this post!
I hope it comes as no surprise I’m sharing a pizza recipe today! You guys KNOW I live among pizza-obsessed toddlers, that my husband’s love language is pizza, and I pretty much can turn your house into a pizza shop with my homemade pizza guide. While our Friday night pizza is standard in terms of WHAT we serve [prosciutto, fig, and arugula pizza], about once a week I’m changing up our standard toppings and crust to incorporate another pizza night in our meal plan for either lunch or dinner. Say what?! Yep, we eat pizza more than once a week in our house. But it’s because of thin pizza crusts such as Flatout Flatbread’s Artisan Thin Pizza Crust that I feel OK serving up new pizza ideas, like this New York style sausage and mushroom pizza.
Just 120 calories per crust, Flatout’s Artisan Thin Pizza Crust makes the perfect “light” alternative to the standard thick dough you’ll find at your local pizza joint. And because it’s already pre-baked, just 7 minutes total in the oven and you have yourself a quick, crispy pizza in no time! Now I’m no New-Yorker, but I can tell you that this pizza combination is one of our favorites when visiting the city that never sleeps OR when we want to change our Friday night routine. I even prep the ingredients [sausage, sauce, and mushrooms] on the weekend so I can quickly assemble and bake when the kids are clamoring for their next meal!
Sausage and mushrooms + homemade pizza sauce + a thin pizza crust, and I thought for a brief second I was in New York, enjoying a slice of pie with my pizza-loving hubby. But I was quickly brought back to reality when Joey and Anthony decided use sausage crumbles as ammo. I promise the rest of us ate every single bite!
- 4 Flatout Flatbread Artisan Thin Pizza Crusts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1-1 ½ cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 375. While oven is preheating, heat large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Add oil, mushrooms, garlic, and onion. Saute until onion is translucent and mushrooms are cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside. In the same skillet, add Italian sausage and break into crumbles until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Add crust to baking sheet. Bake for 2 minutes. Add toppings and return to oven for an additional 4-6 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Calling all pizza-lovers: What’s your favorite way to top your pie?!
Disclosure: I am proud to partner with Flatout Flatbread to bring you healthy recipes that are both kid tested and parent approved. Because of these great partnerships I am able to share delicious and nutritious family-friendly recipes. As always all opinion and ideas are 100% my own. These products can be found at Kroger, Wegmans and Meijer stores, or on Amazon.com.