Baked mini meatballs are a staple protein source that can be used in a variety of dishes, like spaghetti, pizza, soup, and sandwiches.
Why You’ll Love These Mini Meatballs
Baked mini meatballs are one of my go-to protein sources for my four tops. I know they are getting plenty of important nutrients [iron, protein, and zinc to name a few— all which little growing bodies need plenty of], plus Mom can’t get enough of them! These mini meatballs are almost TOO easy to prep and make on the weekend, freeze for busy weekdays, and reheat in seconds!
What to Serve with Baked Mini Meatballs
These meatballs are delicious on their own [covered in marinara according to Joey] or I like to plate them these other ways:
- Do you have chicken broth, pasta, onion, garlic, celery, carrot, and spinach on hand? With those ingredients + these meatballs, you have a recipe for Italian Wedding Soup!
- Meatball subs anyone?! Take the meatballs, red sauce, mozzarella cheese + crusty bread and you’ve got one messy sandwich!
- Classic spaghetti and meatballs. Enough said.
- Meatball pizza. Say WHAT?!?!?! I need to take my own advice and try this one…
Whether you dip in sauce, slurp in soup, or slam between two slices of bread, there’s no wrong way to eat these baked mini meatballs!
More Meatball Meals to Enjoy
- Turkey Pesto Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Meatballs and Tomato Sauce
- Hidden Veggie Meatballs
- Easy Baked Parmesan Meatballs
- 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Meatballs
What’s your favorite way to eat meatballs? Tell me in the comments below!
- 1 pound of lean ground beef [93% lean or leaner]
- 1 cup of fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- Heat your oven to 375. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a small cookie scoop [pictured in post], shaped into 1-inch meatballs. Place on a broiler pan or baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Eat immediately or store in your refrigerator for up to one week or freezer for up to 3 months.