Apple hummus stackers make a protein-packed snack, appetizer, or post-workout treat that’s made with just 3-ingredients!
Why You’ll Love These Apple Hummus Stackers
These stackers are a no-fuss, real, simple-looking food that always goes over well with my kids! That should be an ah-ha moment for those of us that think our kids need cookie-cutter designed meals [not knocking those who that works for]. I think it’s just a reminder for ME that my kids like the basics.
We always have the 3 components to this recipe in the fridge; put them all together and you have an “unofficial meal” that’s perfect for post-nap, post-school, or pre-activities when you need an energy boost! The best part is you can customize the apples, cheese, AND hummus based on your family’s favorite combination.
I like using gala apples, cheddar cheese, and classic hummus. But if I was serving this snack to a girlfriend or two, I might use roasted garlic or pine nut hummus. Seriously, the combinations are endless!
How to Make Apple Hummus Stackers
- Cut your apples into slices (I used gala apples)
- Top each slice with 1 tablespoon of hummus of your choice (I used classic hummus)
- Then top the hummus with a slice of cheese of your choice (I used cheddar cheese)
- Serve immediately
Other Hummus Recipes to Enjoy
- Taco-Inspired Hummus Dip
- Elvis-Inspired Hummus Breakfast Toast
- Mediterranean Layer Hummus Dip
- Hummus Snack Plates
- Hummus Baked Chicken
- Protein-Packed Hummus Wraps
- 1-1½ cups Sabra Classic Hummus
- 3 oz. cheddar cheese, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 large Gala apple, cut into 18-20 slices
- Top each apple slice with a tablespoon of hummus and then a slice of cheddar cheese. Serve immediately. Or store in your refrigerator until ready to enjoy.