I was going through my mom life archives on the blog and realized I have yet to do a pregnancy post this time around. 4th child syndrome? Probably. But after sharing about our loss this fall, I have been somewhat hush about this baby. But as you can imagine I’m looking as pregnant as can be so there’s really no hiding our special secret now. 34 weeks to be exact. I don’t think anyone can hide a pregnancy at 34 weeks!
I guess you could call this an official third-trimester bumpdate. So here we go!
- Chapter 4 is a baby BOY! I don’t know if I’ve shared that before in a recent post. Lily and I will officially be outnumbered by Serbinski men. Which suits her well, as she is just as tough, active, and loud as her brothers. I have a feeling she will be dressing Chapter 4 up in princess clothes by his first birthday.
- Chapter 4 has NO name yet. Ted and I thought we were set on one name. Then we thought about another. Then I was dreaming of a baby Bosco because of a dream I had about St. John Bosco. But then I realized I might have been having a dream about Bosco Sticks. So stay tuned. I doubt we will be sharing his name until his birthday!
- We are MOVING! Yep. August 24th is the big day. Just 3 weeks before my due date. I seem to be the only one stressed about this date and timing, but I’m reminding myself this is very likely to be our forever home, and with help from my parents, in-laws, and very involved husband, things will be OK. All that matters is that we are in, beds are made, and groceries are in the fridge before school starts and the baby arrives. Chances are you might not hear much from me towards the end of August through October. I’m giving myself grace this time around, and the blog can wait. Clearly, a baby, new school, and new house come first! Side note: we are only moving about a mile away from our current house. As you can imagine we need more bedrooms and a bigger yard. And more rooms for Mom to escape to.
- The first half of the day I feel like a fun Mom. The second half the day I feel like a mean Mom. Joey pretty much sucker-punched me with words last night when he told me to, “be kind Mom.” Being kind and empathetic is something I’m really working on with the now trio, so I guess he’s learning?! And I guess I should take my own advice.
- I’m trying my best to keep the trio busy and active, all while giving them screen time during the day so Mom can put her feet up and rest. What does that look like? Well, considering my 2-year-old baby girl can say iPad more clearly than Mom, I’ll let you take a guess. In all honesty, the kids have had more screen time than I’d have liked this summer. But they also get outside every day, enjoy the pool, zoo, bike rides, and park play dates. Motherhood is a balance, right?!
- Chapter 4 has only a few new items to unwrap when he comes into this world. I splurged on a DockaTot, Spectra breast pump [my Medela died], a second-hand rock n’ play, a few new bottles and pacifiers, pajamas, and of course, new diapers and wipes! Nana is helping with a new nursery [her forte], and other than that, baby boy will have plenty of good hand-me-downs to last him a while!
Guys, it’s all I’ve got right now. I’m working on a few posts about school lunch and slow cooker and skillet recipes for the rest of the month, but other than that, I may be MIA for a while. Don’t hesitate to send me an email, and don’t worry if I happen to take a few weeks to get back to you. And if you really want a quick update, find me on Instagram because I’m usually sharing more there than anywhere else online!