Simple and colorful ingredients come together to make the easiest Italian Antipasto Hummus Dip. Perfect for any occasion and ready in minutes!
September is my favorite month of the year for three reasons:
1. The weather. It’s not too hot, not too cold, and the leaves in Michigan start to change to beautiful red, orange, and yellow colors.
2. Football. I’m a big Michigan State Spartans fan and you guessed it, a Detroit Lions fan too! Don’t question my judgement please…
3. The food. We are on the cusp of apple and pumpkin EVERYTHING! Oh and tailgate food. Dips, spreads, beer, oh my!
Add one through three together and you have yourself a reason for this Italian Antipasto Hummus Dip. Most Saturdays during September and the rest of the fall season I spend tailgating with family and friends, cheering on our favorite teams and eating really delicious food. Despite a win or a loss [ok, I really want my teams to win], we can all agree on one thing: the food needs to be easy to prep and enjoy. I truly enjoy the sport of football and the festivities that go along with it. Like tailgating. And eating!
Don’t let my love for football scare you. Or sway you away from making this awesome dip. Beyond tailgates, this dip is perfect for any get together where a light appetizer or vegetarian dish is needed. Like my doctored up hummus ideas, this Italian Antipasto Hummus Dip is too easy not to make because one step is done for you: the making of the hummus! I’m a huge fan of Sabra hummus mainly because of the family size container options, and of course, the taste. I’ve got Joey and Anthony hooked too!
So here’s to my team beating your team. Did I just say that? Yes, I’m fiercely competitive too. But in all seriousness, here’s to simple food, great parties, and a fun football season had by all!
- 2.5 cups hummus [I bought one family sized container of Sabra classic hummus]
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- Spread hummus on the bottom of serving dish or bowl [I used a 9x13inch baking dish].
- Top with the olives, bell pepper, and artichoke hearts. Serve with focaccia bread or pita chips.