Frozen yogurt popsicles are the perfect grab and go treat with simple, nutrient-rich ingredients like yogurt and fruit.
Frozen yogurt popsicles make an easy, hand-held refreshing treat that doubles as a sweet treat or snack, depending on when you enjoy it! Essentially it’s my go-to post nap snack for Joey in frozen form— it’s a bowl of yogurt in a popsicle mold! Joey’s favorite combination is vanilla Greek yogurt + fresh strawberries. Although he’s not opposed to eating whatever I serve him in these cute, colorful popsicle molds.
Frozen Yogurt Popsicle Mix-In’s
Any yogurt of your liking will work well in these frozen yogurt popsicles. I used vanilla Greek yogurt because I like its sweet and tangy flavor and it’s what I usually have on hand. When it comes to mix-in’s beyond the yogurt, I change it up with frozen or fresh fruit, again depending on what’s in my fridge or freezer. With berry season upon us, I’ve been adding chopped strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries! Here are a few of our other favorite yogurt + mix-in combinations:
- Plain Greek yogurt + honey + slivered almonds
- Lemon-flavored yogurt + blueberries
- Plain Greek yogurt + cinnamon + diced apples
- Vanilla Greek yogurt + chocolate chips + pumpkin pie puree
I’m pretty sure you’ve come to the conclusion that everything I’m making— whether it’s cold, cooked, or frozen, is toddler approved. While I struggle with letting Joey feed himself a big bowl of yogurt because of the MESS, these frozen yogurt popsicles are a compromise for us. I’m assured he gets the nutrients found in yogurt and he gets to eat something new and exciting— and cold! Mom even has fun eating these too!
Note: I used the Nuk Mini Ice Lolly Set
- 4 [1/2 cup] popsicle molds
- 2 cups of vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir the yogurt and fruit.
- Pour yogurt mixture into popsicle molds, leaving a ¼ inch of room at the top.
- Cover the molds with the lids before freezing. Place the pops into the freezer for approximately 3-4 hours, until frozen.
- To unmold the pop, simply run the mold until warm water for 10-15 seconds. Serve immediately.