Ready in 30 minutes or less, this beef burrito skillet dinner is a healthy, fresh, and easy family-pleasing meal!
Beef burrito skillet is the ultimate bachelor meal. And my guys are living the bachelor-life this week— hence why I’m leaving them for a few days with a bachelor-approved dinner! This trip is to the heartland of America, Kansas! I’ll be spending a few days with registered dietitians from all over the U.S. talking BEEF, my favorite protein, and the inspiration for this easy, healthy meal. Many of you know I’ve worked on behalf of the Beef Checkoff for the past 4 years. I’m thrilled to continue working with people and a product I love!
Yes, I’m traveling again! May has been such a crazy month for us [well really for both Ted and me]. As much as I love traveling for business, filling my days with adult conversation, and OH YEAH, getting a full night’s sleep, I’m thankful the next few months will be spent with my boys at home.
This beef burrito skillet was the perfect meal for me to make ahead of time and keep in the fridge for dinner this week. You could also freeze it in individual servings and reheat in your microwave. Whenever I leave my guys for an extended period of time, I usually stock the fridge and pantry with an easy to fix and good-for-my-family meal. Having a meal on hand that can be reheated in minutes is KEY to feeding hungry toddlers. It’s also helpful for Dad’s that need a hand or two in the kitchen [Love you Ted!].
I’m guessing I’m not alone in tackling Monday with a busy week ahead. So do yourself and your family a favor. Make this beef burrito skillet and have enough for one or two weeknight meals. Here’s to a great week!
- 1 pound of lean Ground Beef, 93% lean or leaner
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 cup of salsa
- ½ cup of black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup of corn [canned, frozen, whatever you have on hand]
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- 2-3 cups of tortilla chips
- Heat a large skillet over medium-heat. Add Ground Beef and cook for about 10 minutes, breaking the beef into crumbles. Remove drippings.
- Add the next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; simmer on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice; top with your favorite Mexican-style toppings, such as salsa, sour cream, cheddar cheese, etc. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.