Easy cheese sauce is made with just four simple ingredients and is ready in less than five minutes!
Did you read the first line of this post? About how this easy cheese sauce is made with four ingredients [three you should always have in your fridge] and the cook time is just about five minutes. I should stop this post right here…
Seriously though, this easy cheese sauce is exactly as it’s called: EASY. And what makes it even better is that the Boursin cheese holds the flavor. Hence why you only need a few ingredients. No flour. No shredding cheddar cheese. Just Boursin cheese, milk, and Parmesan cheese. All of which I wish I could add to every meal!Need a simple sauce for pasta or veggies? Try this 4 ingredient garlic and herb cheese sauce! Click To Tweet
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounce package Boursin Cheese or other garlic and herb cheese spread
- ¾ cup milk [I used 2%]
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add butter. Once melted add remaining ingredients.
- Whisk until combined. Once sauce is heated through, turn off heat and let rest for 5 minutes while sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately or reheat on low until ready to use.
Now I’m not suggesting you eat this easy cheese sauce with every meal, but if you’re looking for a simple sauce for noodles, a topping for grilled chicken, or a nice side sauce for kids to dip their veggies in, then this sauce is calling your name. As Joey shouts when he sees me making it, “CHEESE!!!” If only he’d get that excited about my fruit and veggie prep for the week!