The thing I love about this recipe is that you get the flavor of a decadent, homemade stovetop tomato sauce [that took more than 5 hours to cook] when in reality this tomato sauce takes about 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook!
No-Fuss Summer Tomato Sauce
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and spread [single layer] on a baking sheet or casserole dish.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes, once the tomatoes pop! they’re ready to eat.
This sauce is delicious with crusty bread, pasta, or as a topper for grilled meat or fish. It’s even good by the spoonful… trust me 😉
I like this. I get lots of cherry tomatoes. Nice way to use them up.