5 Ingredient blender pancakes is a quick and easy recipe that is mixed right in your blender! Perfect for freezing ahead of time and reheating for busy mornings.
One of my healthy habits for 2015 is to plan AND make more meals ahead of time. I feel like I’ve got the dinnertime dilemma down and lunch I’m usually munching on leftovers or the leftover food my toddler leaves on his tray. Breakfast is another story. We do oatmeal. We do yogurt. We do french toast. And we get in a rut. After a little pinning and perusing through cookbooks, it hit me: what about pancakes?! Eureka! These 5 ingredient blender pancakes have now reserved a place in our breakfast rotation— especially since they are hubby and toddler approved!
All about 5 Ingredient Blender Pancakes
- The base mix has only 5 ingredients. That’s a recipe for success in my book!
- You can add whatever mix-in’s you have on hand to jazz up the base mix.
- My husband LOVES his Vitamix Blender. Seriously. I’ve never seen someone so excited about a blender… the good news is he can make these in his treasured Vitamix. Husband cooking = happy wife!
- One batch makes about 12-14 pancakes. Unless you are feeding teenagers, the leftovers can be frozen and reheated for later!
The recipe goes a little something like this…
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional mix-in's: ground cinnamon, chocolate chips, chopped nuts
- Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat skillet for medium heat. If skillet is not non-stick, use oil or butter to grease to prevent batter from sticking.
- Pour batter [1/4 cup per pancake] into skillet and cook about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve with syrup and/or butter.