If there’s one thing readers and fellow moms tell me they need from Mom to Mom Nutrition [when asked, of course] is simple, fast, AND kid-friendly recipes. Ok that was three things. But you see where I’m going here. I would say the fourth on that list is healthy, but if we’re focused on feeding kids, most parents would agree let’s just start with getting our kids to EAT, then we’ll focus on the healthy factor.
What I can tell you about these pizza burgers is that they fit all the criteria for simple, fast, and kid-friendly. Heck, just throw out the word pizza and my kids come running to the kitchen [knocking on wood as I say that]. Let’s breakdown this pizza burger:
- The burger patty is from the freezer section at Costco and is easily reheated on the stovetop or microwave
- If you have a stocked fridge, freezer, or pantry, you likely have all of the ingredients for this recipe on hand
- Reheat the burger patties on the stovetop, 3-5 minutes a side
- Use store-bought marinara or pizza sauce instead of making your own
- Top each burger with your family’s favorite pizza toppings
- Know that 2 out of my 4 kids just ate bread, sauce, and cheese- the food groups of all Serbinski kids
Guys, these pizza burgers are as simple, fast, kid-friendly AND healthy if you keep portions in check, use some whole wheat buns, all-beef pepperoni, and pair them alongside a veggie dish such as kale caprese salad, parmesan zucchini, or baked cauliflower bites.