Baked parmesan cauliflower bites are breaded with a mixture of parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning, and served with marinara sauce for a perfect side dish or snack!
I probably spend more time than most parents thinking about why my kids prefer dinosaur chicken nuggets over Mom’s cooking. Want to know my latest theory?! The breading! Yep, that crunchy, crispy breading. I see and have tasted what tempts them, and yep, it’s OK. I’m not anywhere close to admitting that it’s better than my cooking. BUT, I’m trying to find ways to include crispy, crunchy breading in a few of the recipes I make for the boys. Like homemade panko crusted chicken nuggets, parmesan squash rounds, and now, drumroll please, these baked parmesan cauliflower bites.
Ok so there’s really a theme with MY crispy, crunchy breading. I add parmesan cheese! The method to my madness had the boys putting these parmesan cauliflower bites in their mouths [Mom win] and I’m pretty sure I saw one toddler swallow a few and another asked me for seconds [second Mom win].
Along with the parm + breadcrumbs mixture, I served these parmesan cauliflower bites with pasta and extra marinara for dipping. Think your kids aren’t a fan of veggies? Throw some parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs on top and see what happens! And if not? Serve them alongside dinosaur nuggets… that sometimes does the trick here too!
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil- as needed
- 1 cup marinara sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 400. Add breadcrumbs and cheese to a large bowl and mix together.
- Dip cauliflower pieces in egg, then roll in bread crumbs. Place on a non-stick baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil over the top of the cauliflower before baking to prevent breadcrumbs from drying out.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until coating is golden brown and crunchy. Serve with marinara sauce.
Do your kids love breading as much as mine?! Next time I’m trying this recipe with panko breadcrumbs because I think they’ll be even crunchier! Manja my friends!