Need dinner ready in 20 minutes? Then add this simple skillet gnocchi with chicken sausage to your menu! All you need is one pan and a hungry family to feed!
I know we are all busy, but lately I’ve felt out of control busy. Which leads me to give a virtual high-five and hug to all parents. Holy cow— between doctor’s appointments, grocery shopping, Mom’s Day Out drop-off’s, and cleaning, dinner is the last thing I want to think about at the end of the day. Mind you I’m NOT helping with homework, taking kids to extracurricular activities, or working outside of the home. Honestly, I don’t know how a lot of you do this parenting thing. But the good news is I’m here with skillet gnocchi with chicken sausage to help alleviate mealtime stress, because Lord knows I haven’t quite figured out how to handle the stresses in my everyday life!!!
I think I’ve pretty much established my obsession of skillet meals by now. So, it’s no surprise that I’ve found another simple weeknight meal using marinara sauce + chicken sausage combined with one of the boys’ favorite pasta products: gnocchi! The beauty of this easy skillet gnocchi with chicken sausage is that you can use whatever store bought or homemade marinara sauce your family likes, and use mix-ins like mushrooms, spinach, onion, etc.
So here’s the deal: I’ll keep cooking simple, easy meals, as long as you start sharing some tricks of the trade when it comes to handling over-scheduled lives with children. Seriously. We can’t be the best at everything, and I’m looking to YOU for tips in that department. For now, I’ll put a fork in this skillet gnocchi with chicken sausage, and lend a listening ear.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, washed and sliced thin
- 4 Italian chicken sausage links, sliced into 1-in pieces
- 1-17 ounce package dry potato gnocchi
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- Shredded parmesan cheese, for serving
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- In a large nonstick skillet, add oil and heat over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and sausage. Stir and cook until sausages start to brown and the vegetables become translucent.
- Add uncooked gnocchi and marinara sauce. Cover, and cook on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, or until gnocchi is cooked through.
- Top with parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.
Tell me: What’s your biggest tip when it comes to handling the everyday stresses of being a parent?!