This grilled garlic lime flank steak takes Taco Tuesday to a whole new level with simple ingredients and a flavorful marinade.
While I’ve been known to grill the perfect chicken breast, my grilled garlic lime flank steak gives the chicken a run for its money. Grilling is one of my favorite ways to cook— and you’ll often see Ted and I fight for the grill master title in our house. Which might seem silly to some of you. “You mean your husband wants to cook and you fight him for it?” I’m a control freak. And that control leaks into the grill too!
Why You Need to Make This Grilled Garlic Lime Flank Steak
- Simply grilled meat = healthy! Grilling is healthy when you opt for lean, well-trimmed cuts of meat [or beef in this instance] such as flank steak.
- The marinade! Marinate flank steak for added flavor and tenderness. Marinate for at least 6 hours but not more than 24 hours.
- Grilling adds so. much. flavor. Just be sure to grill over medium heat to prevent flare-ups or charring on your meat.
- Ok I snuck a fourth point in here. THE LEFTOVERS! Leftover grilled garlic lime flank steak is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Beef for breakfast? Yep. Scroll down past the recipe to learn my thoughts on this.
How to eat this grilled garlic-lime flank steak
- With a side of rice and beans
- Steak and eggs breakfast
Watch the video below to see how it’s done!
- 1.5 pounds flank steak
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon each of cumin, chili powder, onion powder, black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup lime juice
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place beef and marinade in a food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. Remove steak from marinade. Grill steak for 15-20 minutes for medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes before carving.