Cheesy Italian Chicken Skillet is the perfect one-pan dinner for any busy weeknight. Packed with vegetables and a simple garlic cheese sauce, dinner is ready in less than 20 minutes.
Let me introduce you to the FIRST blog recipe made in our new house! Cheesy Italian chicken skillet! I’d like to also be able to introduce to our new baby boy [today is officially his due date], but alas, he is trending like his siblings and will likely wait another 5-10 days to make an appearance. Stay tuned though, because we all know that I could be jinxing myself right about now. Because I’ve been waiting and quite honestly putting off the blog thinking I’d be busy with a newborn, I decided now seemed like a good time to share yet another easy skillet dinner- perfect for busy weeknights, sleepless newborn nights, or heck, a gourmet-esc meal to entertain with.
The pictures do NOT do this recipe justice. It’s a little hard to make cheese sauce look picture-worthy when I’ve got toddler hands trying to sabotage picture taking, and a certain preschooler making sure Mom didn’t forget the garlic bread, so this one was a bit rushed behind the scenes. But man, the cheese sauce? It’s EVERYTHING about this recipe. And one of the easiest kitchen hacks I use: Boursin Cheese.
Yep, it’s that simple when it comes to this cheesy Italian chicken skillet. Boursin cheese, a little chicken broth, your favorite veggies, and chicken sausage. Mixed in with pasta or rice, and of course, garlic bread, and you have dinner! All enjoyed this one [even though I did serve garlic bread with marinara on the side for the kids]. And you don’t have to tell me twice that meals like THIS are probably the reason baby boy is staying put. Mom is feeding him well!
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, sliced in half
- 1 small bunch asparagus, diced
- 4-5 chicken sausage links, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1- 5 ounce package Boursin Cheese, Garlic and Herb flavor
- ½ cup chicken broth
- For serving: cooked whole wheat pasta, brown rice, and/or garlic bread
- Add oil to large non-stick skillet and heat to medium-high heat. Add vegetables and sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables start to brown.
- Add chicken sausage, sautéing for an additional 7 minutes.
- Add cheese and chicken broth, stirring continuously in skillet to create the sauce.
- Once sauce is heated through, serve immediately.
Ok people. Let’s get back to talking about my baby boy. When do YOU think he will make his arrival into this world?! I’m guessing September 20th! Make your guess below!