A simple rustic slow cooker Mediterranean beef recipe which includes Mediterranean flavors like basil and oregano, and tender beef that will fall apart in your mouth!
I don’t usually share anything but Mom Life or Kitchen Tips on the weekend, but because of recent happenings I’ve been slacking on the recipe front on the blog and in my kitchen. I actually made and took these pictures of this slow cooker Mediterranean beef weeks ago. But lucky for this ALMOST birthday girl Ted and I are out of town for the weekend in Chicago so I’m currently enjoying a kid-less coffee, omelet, and computer-sesh. So why not share a blog post!
If you scroll down to the ingredients in this slow cooker Mediterranean beef you can certainly guess the kids enjoyed the slow cooked beef and tomato sauce. Oh and the gnocchi [that was cooked on the side]. Mom and Dad enjoyed the extra veg that helped me determine the name for this recipe: jarred roasted red peppers and jarred marinated artichoke hearts.
I always get questions about brands I’m loyal to or if I choose organic or conventional foods, so I’ll just tell you here are the products I used for this recipe which were all purchased at Kroger:
The other ingredients like basil, oregano and gnocchi I’m not super brand loyal to. And honestly, I don’t remember which brands I used! For the stew meat, I tried Kroger’s Simple Truth Beef Stew meat [I just couldn’t find a link to it online].
So here’s to another simple slow cooker meal and a birthday weekend away! I can’t wait to share more about our weekend in Chicago. Stay tuned on Monday or Tuesday for the recap….
- 2 pounds stew beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- Grated parmesan cheese for serving
- Add beef, marinara sauce, onion, artichoke hearts, peppers, and seasonings to your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. To plate, add gnocchi to bowl and top with beef mixture. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.