Skillet sausage and peppers is a quick, colorful meal ready in less than 20 mins. All you need is a few staple ingredients and a hot skillet. (gluten-free)
Another week and another quick skillet dinner [skillet sausage and peppers] for you guys! If you search, “sausage skillet,” on the blog, you’ll get 10+ sausage recipes for dinner, including a few of my favorites.
FAVORITE SKILLET DINNERS ON M2MN:
As you can guess, we are a big chicken sausage fan in this house. Mainly because of its versatility- oh and the fact that every one of the Four Tops likes a little sausage!
The method to my madness for this sausage and peppers skillet is that I had a few bell peppers to use up, and I had the crew’s favorite chicken sausage on hand [we like Al Fresco]. Add to a skillet with some onion, garlic, Italian dressing, mozzarella cheese, and voila! DINNER!
I haven’t been deviating much from staple ingredients in my grocery cart. What I’m finding is that when I serve it “their way,” or cook it, “a new way,” I get a few nods and asks for seconds from the kids.
So, if you have bell pepper and sausage fans in your house, give this 20-minute skillet dinner a try! Or consider one of these variations, like sheet pan roasted sausage peppers and onions, or slow cooker Italian sausage, peppers, and onions.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5-6 chicken sausage links, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, garlic, sausage, onion, and bell peppers. Sauté for 12-15 minutes, or until vegetables become soft and sausage is browned.
- Add mozzarella cheese and continue sautéing until cheese is melted.
- Serving immediately over brown rice, pasta, or with additional cheese.