Crockpot shredded beef is the perfect protein for Mexican-inspired tacos, salads, soups, and stews. It’s easy and healthy!
When it comes to weeknight meals, I’m all about a recipe that serves a dual purpose. That means it’s not just good for a Monday night dinner, but a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night too! This crockpot shredded beef fits that bill.
When I prepare a meal with this cook once, dine twice strategy, I almost always use my crockpot. Place, pour, sprinkle, and cook. That’s all there is to a crockpot meal. And that best part? The recipe I’m sharing today [crockpot shredded beef] is a “dine thrice” in my book. Three meals are covered!
Crockpot Shredded Beef Made Once Served Thrice:
- My favorite way: shredded beef tacos, served with a crunchy coleslaw topping.
- Shredded beef tortilla soup. I swapped the shredded chicken for shredded beef in my Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- Shredded beef with rice. Add some corn and salsa and mix with cooked rice. Voila!
Crockpot shredded beef is dedicated to the busy home cooks that have a list of 10 things to do in one day and want to come home to a delicious, healthy meal. And more than a few nights a week.
What’s your favorite crockpot meal that stretches it’s worth all week!?
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 1-14.5oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1-8oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Place roast in crockpot. Add the rest of the ingredients on top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove beef from crockpot and shred with forks. Serve with additional liquid if needed.
Kelly // The Pretty Bee: Cooking & Creating says
Oooh, beef in the crockpot is the best! I love how tender it gets!
My favorite way to “shred” meats 🙂
Sarah Grace says
I love making tons of any kind of protein in the crockpot to have leftovers all week for snacks and meals! This looks incredible though.
xoxo Sarah Grace, Fresh Fit N Healthy.
Thanks Sarah! I’m with you. Make enough for the week ahead!
Sonali- The Foodie Physician says
3 for 1- I LOVE it! All three dishes sound amazing and those tacos look so yummy! Hope you’re having a great weekend <3
Thanks Sonali! The weekend went by too fast… Thank goodness for leftovers 🙂
Elizabeth @ Enjoy Every Bite says
Yum! Shredded beef is seriously one of my favorites! Definitely trying this soon!
Thanks friend! It’s my go-to crockpot recipe!
Kristy Hegner says
I am pinning this now! Excellent ideas that my husband would enjoy particularly 🙂
Men LOVE beef!! Am I right?!
I love to cook up a big batch of beef or chicken in a slow cooker to enjoy throughout the week. They freeze really well too! I could go for that taco right now..the coleslaw sounds delish too and super easy to whip up at the last minute 😉
I love using the broccoli slaw you mention in your posts from TJ’s for a taco topper too!! Great minds think alike 🙂
Amee Livingston says
Love shredded beef and your variations sound delicious!!
Thanks so much Amee!