Crockpot shredded beef is the perfect protein for Mexican-inspired tacos, salads, soups, and stews. It’s easy and healthy!
When it comes to weeknight meals, I’m all about a recipe that serves a dual purpose. That means it’s not just good for a Monday night dinner, but a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night too! This crockpot shredded beef fits that bill.
When I prepare a meal with this cook once, dine twice strategy, I almost always use my crockpot. Place, pour, sprinkle, and cook. That’s all there is to a crockpot meal. And that best part? The recipe I’m sharing today [crockpot shredded beef] is a “dine thrice” in my book. Three meals are covered!
Crockpot Shredded Beef Made Once Served Thrice:
- My favorite way: shredded beef tacos, served with a crunchy coleslaw topping.
- Shredded beef tortilla soup. I swapped the shredded chicken for shredded beef in my Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- Shredded beef with rice. Add some corn and salsa and mix with cooked rice. Voila!
Crockpot shredded beef is dedicated to the busy home cooks that have a list of 10 things to do in one day and want to come home to a delicious, healthy meal. And more than a few nights a week.
What’s your favorite crockpot meal that stretches it’s worth all week!?
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 1-14.5oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1-8oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Place roast in crockpot. Add the rest of the ingredients on top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove beef from crockpot and shred with forks. Serve with additional liquid if needed.