When it comes to weeknight meals, I’m all about a recipe that serves a dual purpose. That means it’s not just good for a Monday night dinner, but a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night too! This crockpot shredded beef fits that bill.
This month’s Recipe Redux challenge is all about double duty. Cook once, dine twice. When I prepare a meal with this cook once, dine twice strategy, I almost always use my crockpot. Place, pour, sprinkle, and cook. That’s all there is to a crockpot meal. And that best part? The recipe I’m sharing today [crockpot shredded beef] is a “dine thrice” in my book. Three meals are covered!
Crockpot Shredded Beef Made Once Served Thrice:
- My favorite way: shredded beef tacos, served with a crunchy coleslaw topping.
- Shredded beef tortilla soup. I swapped the shredded chicken for shredded beef in my Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- Shredded beef with rice. Add some corn and salsa and mix with cooked rice. Voila!
Crockpot shredded beef is dedicated to the busy home cooks that have a list of 10 things to do in one day and want to come home to a delicious, healthy meal. And more than a few nights a week.
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 1-14.5oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1-8oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Place roast in crockpot. Add the rest of the ingredients on top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove beef from crockpot and shred with forks. Serve with additional liquid if needed.
What’s your favorite crockpot meal that stretches it’s worth all week!?
Check out cook once, eat twice options from other Recipe Redux members: