Ready in less than 20 minutes, this Chocolate Strawberry Skillet Granola is packed with chocolate and strawberry flavor in every bite.
I recently started teaching a cooking elective at the kids’ school [a middle school elective] and if there’s one thing the students [and myself included] look forward to at the end of class: sampling what we made. Given that each class only is about 40 minutes long, that means I have to time my mini-lecture, demo, hands-on portion, and yes, eating time, all into ONE period. Kudos to all you teachers out there who do this day in and day out, for more than 40 minutes!
Chocolate Strawberry Skillet Granola is a recipe I thought would be perfect for the students in the month of February. Not did we cover the basics of skillet cooking, but we used some of our red and/or love inspired foods. Hence the Very Berry Cheerios, fresh strawberries, and Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt.
Traditional granola involves the oven and time I don’t seem to have these days. That’s why this Chocolate Strawberry Skillet Granola is a recipe to always keep on hand: it takes less than 10 minutes to make!
The students RAVED about this recipe. And enjoy coming up with different cereal and dried fruit combinations as well. While Berry Cheerios are on the shelf, this Chocolate Strawberry Skillet Granola will be my go-to homemade granola!
- ¼ stick butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Berry Cheerios
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add butter and honey to a skillet. Allow to fully melt . Stir in cinnamon.
- Add cereal, dried cherries, and oats. Stir to brown mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Spoon granola onto cookie sheet.
- Stir in chocolate chips, allowing to melt into the granola.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.