Ready in just 15 minutes, chicken sausage and fresh vegetables come together in a super simple chicken sausage and vegetable skillet dinner recipe.
I’m such a creature of habit when it comes to grocery shopping. I almost always have the same items in my grocery cart or ClickList order. Even though the usual suspects can be found in my fridge, freezer, and pantry post-shopping, I find it fun taking the same ingredients and making new recipes. Some people shop, read, workout, etc. for fun. I cook. Just ask my husband [the family CTO] where most of our money goes….
Ok back to this super simple dinner recipe: chicken sausage and vegetable skillet. Yep, just as the recipe is titled, that’s just about as easy as this recipe gets. Al Fresco chicken sausage? Check. Squash? Check. And Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese? Check check. All of the above can be found in my kitchen any given week. And last week I threw it all in a skillet and had dinner ready in 20 minutes!
You can cut down the prep time for this chicken sausage and vegetable skillet by prepping the vegetables ahead of time [you know I’m a huge fan of produce prep]. You can also make this extra toddler-friendly by serving it with macaroni and cheese. Random, but the kids didn’t complain. I mean… who would complain with a side of cheesy pasta?!
So here’s to the familiar, the tasty, and oh-so-easy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 chicken sausage links, sliced
- 1 zucchini squash, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese, shredded, for serving
- Add oil to large nonstick skillet, turning heat to medium-high. Add sausage, squash, onion, and seasonings.
- Sauté for 15-20 minutes, until the sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Serve with your favorite whole grain and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
In a dinnertime rut? Then give this 15-minute chicken sausage and vegetable skillet a try! Click To Tweet