Oven-baked bruschetta chicken breasts are lightly breaded in crunchy panko breadcrumbs and topped with the classic mixture of fresh tomatoes, basil, and garlic.
This fall I have been lucky enough to participate in a mom and tots group at our church, Our Lady Queen of Martyrs. We meet every Tuesday for a few hours in the morning and Joey and I look forward to it every week! The kids get to play in a preschool classroom and as for the Moms? Well we get to gab, drink coffee, and enjoy adult company. One thing that we always seem to talk about is feeding our families. Who is cooking what that week?! How can you adapt the recipe for picky eaters?! We are all busy moms looking for easy meal solutions that at least ONE of the kids and/or adults will like. I made this baked bruschetta chicken and immediately knew I had to post it ASAP so it would be available for my Queen of Martyrs Mommas!
The best part about this baked bruschetta chicken is that its super customizable based on your family’s preference. You can add the bruschetta topping on a few of the chicken breasts for those that eat tomatoes [most likely the adults]. If you’re not a tomato lover, the chicken baked alone is crispy and flavorful for the little taste buds in the family. And don’t fret if you don’t have bottled Italian dressing on hand. You can mix an egg + a little bit of milk for the “dredge” before coating with breadcrumbs. The Kraft roasted red pepper dressing was what I had on hand and really added a lot of flavor to the recipe!
Here’s how our dinner played out when I served the bruschetta chicken: Joey took a taste of the chicken and crunchy topping, but the tomatoes hit the floor. I was busy cleaning the floor so I didn’t see what Anthony did with the tomatoes, but his bib was fairly full of tomato juice after dinner. BUT, there’s always a “but,” Ted and I had to fight over the last piece of chicken. And I even went back to the store yesterday to get ingredients so I could make bruschetta chicken again this week. I’m calling this one a success— and hope you add it to your menu rotation!
- For the bruschetta topping:
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the chicken:
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing [you can also sub Italian dressing]
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast [about 3-4 chicken breasts]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, combine bruschetta-topping ingredients. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs and cheese. Add the dressing in a separate shallow bowl.
- Add tablespoon of olive oil to 9x13 baking dish. Coat chicken with dressing, then coat evenly with breadcrumb mixture. Place in a prepared baking dish and then repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Spoon bruschetta topping evenly oven chicken. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately.
Classic tomato bruschetta makes the perfect topping for a simple chicken breast! Click To Tweet