A friend of mine recently emailed me and asked what my top 5 baby registry, can’t-live-without items were. Instead of the typical answers you’ll find on most registry lists, I looked through old photos of our first few month’s with Joey and made my list from there. I’m sharing these 5 items with you- think of it as a virtual baby gift from my family and I!
- NogginStik: Which is essentially a rattle that lights up up rattle toy. Joey played with this thing from week 3 or 4 on. He loved grabbing and shaking it, and watching the Noggin head change color. The funny thing is whenever we had friend’s over to visit their kids would play with it too!
- Halo Sleep Sack, Sherpa: This sleep sack is PEFECT for the winter (and summer) months. We keep our house really cold because of me, hormonal Mom, so this kept him nice and cozy!! This also comes in white if you aren’t finding out the sex of the baby… we’ve gone through every size!
- Trumpette Socks: Not sure if you can add to a registry from online, but I think you can… these “sock shoes” were the only thing we put Joey in when he wasn’t in footie outfits. They are easy to wash and the best part? They look like shoes!
- Playtex Ventaire Bottles: This link displays 9oz. bottles but we started off with 3, then 6, now 9. I like the VentAire because a. they are easy to wash b. you can get different “flow” nipples (start with slow, now he uses rapid).
- WubbaNub: Joey would stroke the stuffed animal and soothe himself with this pacifier. He uses his fingers now to soothe himself (doh) but this was great during first 6 months…
More from my email: I feel like my list is FUN vs. practical, but these are things people don’t tell you about (minus the bottles). I would definitely have a ton of white onesies (Joey wore those + Carter’s sweatpants + Trumpette socks) every day. OR we both just stayed in jammies all day 🙂 You can’t beat Carter’s onesies and sweatpants outfits (for boys or girls), but don’t bother with infant sizes. I’d just use what people give you and focus more on the 3, 6, and 9-month sizes. Carter’s runs small!