I’d be lying if I told you we don’t live an overscheduled life. Heck, Monday-Thursday always seem like the longest days of the week, yet we always are the most scheduled. Fridays, however, have turned in to THAT day where the kids and I can sit back and plan spur of the moment activities. I’m sitting here writing this post as we are in the thick of our busiest day of the week [Monday], wishing it was last Friday, but also grateful for some structure to our days.
While I’m all for a plan and I’ll never claim to be a go-with-the-flow kind of person, Friday’s always pushing me to be a little different. As I sit here wishing for Friday and enjoying a few photos from my phone, let me show you what an unexpected day in the life of the Serbinski crew entails.
1. Not pictured: Mom heads to the gym for her favorite circuit weight class. And the trio goes to the childcare at the gym for an hour.
2. PIZZA. An early lunch at Brooklyn Pizza, which just so happens to be one of our favorite lunch spots because a. the pizza is ready in minutes, and b. they cut the slices into little squares for my kiddos.
3. Running off the pizza at the park. Not pictured, again, because I was busy pushing Lily in the swing.
4. Winding down at the public library. I’ll give you one guess as to which family was the LOUDEST during our 30-minute visit.
5. ICE CREAM. Because the kids needed to wake-up after the library excursion.
6. NAPS. And tablet time for the boys. Lily was wiped. And so was Mom.
While our Friday morning looked oh-so-perfect, the afternoon was something from a soap opera. There’s a reason I have zero pictures of it. Mom tried cleaning out the garage in the middle of a downpour, while the kids had fun running through puddles on the driveway. My house turned into a toddler puddle too. Needless to say, I’ll take half of a good day vs. nothing at all. Besides, what’s a little rain in our unplanned day?!
How about you: Are you a must-have a schedule person? Or go with the flow?
Do you look forward to relaxing, no-schedule days like I do?!
Leave a Reply