A Cuban-inspired mojo pork tenderloin with a fresh, flavorful sauce with Florida Orange Juice. Cooked right in your slow cooker with plenty of leftovers for more than one meal.
Disclosure: Today’s post is brought to you in partnership with the Florida Department of Citrus in honor of National Orange Juice Day [TODAY]. As always, all thoughts, opinions, and toddler-musings are my own. For more information about the Florida Department of Citrus, National OJ Day, and a fun sweepstakes, scroll to the bottom of this post!
One thing is for sure about my blog: there will NEVER be a shortage of slow cooker recipes. Before kids, I never imagined I would become a slow cooker connoisseur. Now that my days are filled with activities, play dates, naps, and more, I’ve had to rely MUCH more on my slow cooker. I can only imagine those of you that juggle jobs and school schedules. Not only am I loving slow cooking for dinner after a long kid-filed day, I love using it to make meals like this mojo pork tenderloin. A cook once, dine twice and three times recipe!
What do I mean by cook once and dine thrice?! Here’s how we’ve enjoyed this mojo pork tenderloin:
- As-is, served alongside some steamed broccoli and microwaveable brown rice
- Inside two slices of crusty bread, sandwiched between provolone cheese, pickles, mayo and mustard [like a Cuban sandwich]
- Diced and stir-fried with a bag of frozen veggies, brown rice, and a little soy sauce
The secret to this multiple delicious meal-making mojo pork tenderloin [say that 5x fast] is in the marinade! The base is Florida Orange Juice, a product you’ll almost always find in our fridge that I use for marinades, smoothies, popsicles and more. Florida Orange Juice [Florida OJ] provides a nutritional foundation to help families at every stage of life- nutrients the kids need to fuel their toddler-activity-filled days AND nutrients Mom needs to keep up with them. From Vitamin C to folate to potassium, I know I’m supporting healthy habits for my family by using Florida OJ in recipes such as this mojo pork tenderloin.
So whether you need a recipe that can stretch for a few weeknight meals, or something new for your Sunday dinner crowd, give this mojo pork tenderloin a try! And stay tuned, because in a few weeks I’ll be sharing another recipe using Florida OJ!
- 2 pounds Pork Tenderloin
- 1 lime, zested
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¾ cup Florida Orange Juice
- Fresh cilantro for serving
- Combine lime zest, garlic, oregano and cumin. Rub on both sides of pork tenderloin. Place pork tenderloin in slow cooker insert. Add Florida Orange Juice.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker. Slice and drizzle with remaining juice and chopped cilantro [optional] before serving.
As for the National OJ Day sweepstakes, here’s how you can enter:
- Between 8am EST and 5pm EST, share a picture of you and/or your family enjoying Florida Orange Juice, either on Facebook or Instagram.
- Be sure to use the #HowDoYouFLOJ and #sweepstakes
- By submitting a picture, you have the chance to win a 6-month meal delivery subscription