No-Bake Brownie Batter Bites taste just as chewy and chocolatey as brownies, but without all the stirring, baking, and waiting!
Tis the season for holiday gift giving, and what better way to show teachers, classmates, friends, OR family, with a homemade treat like these brownie batter bites. Anything that has chocolate or brownie-esc flavors gets eaten up right away in my house. In fact, I know a certain trio that wakes up asking for a piece of chocolate because they stayed in their beds overnight. I wonder where that bribe came from….
Potty training or bedtime bribes aside, edible gifts make a great alternative to traditional gift giving. What makes these brownie batter bites even more practical is that they aren’t just for the holidays. You could make them year-round for a lunchbox treat or after school snack. They also make the perfect “bite” if you’re wanting to brighten someone’s day [think friend who just had a baby], or any other situation in which you want to perform a random act of kindness. Hey, that’s what the holidays are all about, right?! Speaking of kindness…
As the official registered dietitian for Produce for Kids, I am 100% behind their promotions and programs. This year they are running the 2nd annual Holiday Meal Drive to support Feeding America disaster relief efforts. Knowing that many people have been affected by recent disasters and are still rebuilding and in need, Produce for Kids is donating directly to these efforts. For every share and like on their Facebook page [specifically this post], Produce for Kids will give 1 meal to Feeding America’s disaster relief efforts [another random act of kindness]. While I know their efforts are much more profound than the simple making and sharing of my brownie batter bites, I know you’ll feel empowered making and sharing both!
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup chocolate puffs cereal
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place dates in a medium bowl and cover with warm water. Let soak for 5 minutes to soften then drain.
- Add drained dates and all remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixture turns into the consistency of sand.
- Remove blade from the unit. To form balls, press mixture into a small stainless steel scoop then roll in between your palms to form evenly sized bites. Continue until mixture is gone.
- You can enjoy room temperature or let chill for 30 minutes before enjoying.
Tell me: Are you a fan of edible gifts? What’s one of your favorite treats to share with friends and family?