Lemon Pepper Chicken Skillet is a simple weeknight meal made with bright and fresh lemon flavors and an easy pan sauce.
It’s time for another skillet meal my home-cooking, family-pleasing friends! This time I took one of my favorite pantry seasonings, mixed it with a fresh, vibrant ingredient, and voila: lemon pepper chicken skillet!
More often than not, I use lemon pepper seasoning on chicken. Whether I’m roasting a whole chicken, making a batch of my simple shredded chicken, or using it in a quick skillet dinner such as this lemon pepper chicken skillet. The two go together like peas and carrots! Or chocolate and red wine. Or having toddlers and being sleep deprived. Can you see where my mind is at right now?!
What I love about skillet meals such as this one is that I can customize the sides based on what I have in the fridge—brown rice and sautéed spinach, as pictured here. It would also be delicious with roasted potatoes or broccoli, and whole wheat penne or quinoa. And by all means, if you have the time for a low and slow cooker chicken dinner, feel free to use the seasonings and lemon slices and add them to a few chicken breasts in your slow cooker. I, on the other hand, needed a quick weeknight meal when hunger hit the Serbinski men and found this lemon pepper chicken skillet to hit the spot!
- Juice of one large lemon
- Zest of one large lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- In large resealable plastic bag, add all of the ingredients. Coat chicken pieces evenly and marinate in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or up to one hour.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade from bag. Cook chicken for 7-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, turning chicken pieces frequently.
- Serve immediately over brown rice and vegetables of your choice.
Be sure to check out my skillet recipes box to see what other fast and healthy weeknight meals are skillet-worthy! Fresh lemon and pantry spices come together to make a simple lemon pepper chicken skillet dinner! Click To Tweet