The best healthy green smoothie requires just five ingredients and is extra creamy and nutritious. Perfect for a quick breakfast or snack!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Green Smoothie
- It’s simple to do, even your kids can help make it!
- Mix and match whatever green ingredients you have on hand- just keep it to fruits and veggies!
- This green smoothie is so delicious even your kids will love it! (Here’s Joey singing his “smoothie cup” song with daddy… seriously guys, they LOVE their smoothie time!
Here’s Joey singing his “smoothie cup” song with Daddy…. seriously guys, they LOVE their smoothie time!
Tips for Using Avocados
- When the boys aren’t eating avocados in a green smoothie, I often serve them up as a side at mealtime.
- I even used avocados as a first food when I transitioned the kids onto solids. They make the perfect first food for babies [continuing into toddlerhood] because of the soft, smooth texture, and they have a low to moderate sweet and salty flavor profile, helping prevent those early preferences for sweet foods.
Some Nutrients in Avocados
- Avocados are also higher in key developmental nutrients than other fruits
- Nutrients such as folate, monounsaturated fats, fiber, and vitamins E and C to name a few.
- Great to eat during pregnancy – avocados contain critical nutrients for fetal and infant health and development.
- The naturally good monounsaturated fats in the avocados help with breastmilk quality and formation and send some of those same brain-boosting fats straight to the baby from the breastmilk.
Other Smoothies to Check Out
- Hide-The-Veggies Chocolate Spinach Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Chunky Monkey Smoothie
- Piña Colada Smoothie
- Check out a few of my toddler’s other favorite smoothie combinations in this simple smoothie guide.
So whether you are waking up to a simple green smoothie or looking for a healthy snack, then try out this delicious green smoothie. And if my boys haven’t sold you on “smoothie time” just yet, then you’ve gotta try this recipe. They’ll make you a green smoothie believer!Start or end your day with this refreshing green smoothie recipe! Can you guess the secret, creamy ingredient?! #hassavocados Click To Tweet
Tell me: What’s your favorite way to add avocado to your diet?! Have you ever had them in smoothies?
- 1 Hass Avocado, pitted
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cups 2% milk
- Add ingredients to high speed blender. Puree until thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately.