Balsamic and Honey Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower makes vegetables delectable for all ages with a simple, sweet dressing!
When it comes to making dinnertime sides, I often find myself doing the same old, same old. I choose a vegetable [based on what’s in-season], and either roast or grill it [depending on the temperature outside]. Now that Joey is eating more of what I make for the whole family for dinner, I’m stepping up my game for vegetable side dishes, with the hope that he will go back for seconds!
I put together this dressing based on a. what I had in the pantry/fridge and b. what vegetables I had on hand. I think it would go great with carrots or zucchini too!
Balsamic and Honey Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 3 cups of broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups of cauliflower florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1.5 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the broccoli and cauliflower in a large bowl or sealable Ziploc bag.
- In a separate bowl or tight-fitting jar, combine the olive oil, honey, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir or shake to combine well.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables. Toss to coat.
- Spread the vegetables on a non-stick baking sheet [or line a pan with parchment paper]. Bake until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
Whether it’s a dash of balsamic vinegar or a sprinkle or two of parmesan cheese, my taste-testing crew seems to approve of my vegetable game plan. The best part? They are clearing the veggies off their plates without complaints….