It’s been about 6 months since I last mentioned no-recipe meals. I fell off the bandwagon with my planned monthly round-up. You could say life got in the way. Or two boys under two did [in a good way]. Anyhow, I’m bringing my favorite style of cooking back to life by sharing 5 no-recipe meals I’ve made recently. Most of my cooking is no-recipe style. Granted it’s that way because I’m throwing ingredients together and forget to write down exact measurements and instructions! Did I mention the two under two factor?! My hope is that these simple meals will inspire you to use what you have on hand without a fancy-pants recipe! Assuming your kids actually let you cook dinner…
1. Pesto Tortellini with Shredded Chicken: This one is SO easy. Take my recipe for shredded chicken, a little store-bought pesto, and whole-wheat cheese tortellini and voila! Dinner is served!
2. Ground Beef Stir-Fry: Take some ground beef, some of your favorite veggies, mix with my spicy peanut sauce and serve on top of brown rice. Dinner in less than 30 minutes!
3. Grilled Sausages with Peppers and Onions: Exactly what I just said. I even sautéed the peppers and onions ahead of time with a little olive oil, garlic, and dried basil.
4. Summer Vegetable Soup: Soup during the summer might seem like a crazy thing to make, but I never said we were normal! All you need is an array of veggies, your favorite pasta, and veggie broth.Need some weeknight meal inspiration? Check out these 5 no-recipe meal ideas! Click To Tweet
5. Over-Easy Eggs with Arugula: I’m the only egg-eating fanatic in my house, so this one is for ME! When I have a night to myself I almost always eat eggs. Over-easy. With toast!
And if you have the time, I’d suggest looking at my old no-recipe meals posts! They’re always good for a little weeknight meal planning inspiration.
No Recipe Meals for Busy Moms by Mom to Mom Nutrition
No Recipe Meal Ideas by Mom to Mom Nutrition