I’ve got another guest post for you all today… and let me tell you, THIS recipe is the FIRST granola I’ve ever made! Why? Because homemade granola intimidates me [oven, stir, oven, stir, etc.]. But as my gal-pal Ashleigh [from Dash of Evans] states, it takes 5-minutes to make! How easy is that?!
Skillet Granola gives you the flavor and taste of homemade granola in just about 5 minutes without turning on the oven!
Hi guys! Ashleigh here from the blog Dash of Evans. I’m a busy mom of 3 girls and honestly, I always feel like I’m cooking for them! My kids LOVE granola, but I don’t always love the price tag that comes with store bought varieties. Last fall I discovered skillet granola and we’ve never turned back! Did you know that you can make crunchy, amazing granola in about 5 minutes? Since I tend to burn long cooking items in the oven, this is a lifesaver. I’ve tossed out one too many pans of charred granola!
I love how versatile this recipe is. If you’re not a fan of coconut, you can easily substitute dried apple or bananas. Substitute the almonds for walnuts, or leave out the nuts all together! We like to make our granola with random items around the house. Once I even threw in Cheerios! The flax is optional; I love to add it where I can to help fill up the tummies a bit more.
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes, unsweetened
- ½ chopped almonds, low salt variety
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Optional: 3 teaspoons ground flax seed
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add coconut oil and honey to a skillet. Allow to fully melt . Stir in cinnamon.
- Add toasted coconut, almonds, raisins, flax and oats. Stir to brown mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Spoon granola onto cookie sheet.
- Stir in chocolate chips, allowing to melt into the granola.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
This granola is great spooned over vanilla Greek yogurt, ice cream or by the handful! Our new favorite treat is frozen Vanilla yogurt, bananas, strawberries and this granola. It’s a new twist on a banana split! The world's easiest granola made in just under 5 minutes: skillet granola with coconut and chocolate chips! Click To Tweet