These Bacon Ranch Chicken Breasts are wrapped in bacon, seasoned with a dry ranch seasoning, and smothered with shredded cheddar cheese for a simple weeknight dinner!
We are officially coming off of our 6th snow day this winter and let me tell you: ANY snow day calls for bacon, ranch, and cheddar cheese. That’s basically why I came up with this recipe. Snow days make me do delicious things! And I really didn’t want to take the crew to Kroger to get specifics for a recipe, so I did what I could with what I had on hand: bacon, Hidden Valley dry ranch seasoning, chicken breasts, and cheddar cheese. It’s as simple as that!
While the images I took of the bacon ranch chicken breasts aren’t finished with the cheese, you better not forget that step. It totally makes the recipe what it is. Plus, my kids love most foods covered in melted cheddar cheese so there’s no denying the family voted this a winner chicken dinner.
Besides this being a minimal ingredient recipe, there was minimal clean-up as well. And when we are bathing 4 beauties you better believe I look forward to those nights when, “sauce,” is not on the menu.
So, here’s to simplicity, cheese and bacon, and NO. MORE. SNOW. DAYS.
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 packet of dry ranch seasoning [I used Hidden Valley]
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat.
- Take the ranch seasoning mix and sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons per chicken breast. Then, take 2 slices of bacon and wrap around each of the chicken breasts individually.
- Place chicken in skillet, browning 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the bacon and chicken starts to brown. Once browned on both sides, place skillet in oven and bake until chicken is cooked through about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each breast with ¼ cup of cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes until cheese melts.
If you’ve been snowed-in like the Serbinski crew, what’s one meal you felt pretty good about creating on a whim?!