It’s been about 6 months since I shared my last day in the life post and because we are coming off of A WHOLE WEEK without school or schedules [c/o winter break], I have had a lot of time, or should I say I’ve had plenty of quality of time with my three amigos, to reflect on what life is like RIGHT NOW. After our weekend getaway in Cleveland, I thought I was ready to hunker down and stay a few days without drop-off or making lunches. And by day 2 of break you better believe I called in reinforcements [playdates and sitters!]. We might rethink our anniversary next year and get everyone out of the house for a getaway. I’ll probably rethink that idea too once we get back to school this week…. can you tell Mom and the kids are ready for a break from each other?!
So, what’s life like regardless of schedules, school, stomach bugs, and babysitters? Here you have it!
Lily [18 months old]:
- Chill Lil has officially graduated from that nickname and should now be called Tornado Lily. There’s a path AND noise wherever Lily wanders.
- Lily wakes up with an agenda [usually looking for milk and pancakes] and goes to bed with ease.
- She’s officially learned how to make her brothers laugh- usually by making a silly noise with her mouth [farts?!] or pretending to do a handstand [seriously this girl has zero fear].
- Want to burn some calories walking a toddler up and down the stairs? Just come to our house! Lily will take you for a walk UP and DOWN and UP and DOWN over, and over again.
- Want to freshen up your reading skills? Just come on over! Lily will sit and listen to you read for hours on end.
- Lastly, despite her silly nature and disastrous cleaning habits, Lily loves giving hugs, kisses, and being held whenever Mom is trying to make dinner! Some things never change.
Anthony [3 years old]:
- Like Lily, Anthony lets his presence be known whenever he enters a room. He’s very vocal with his wants and needs, a little too loud sometimes- even though his teachers tell me he’s the quietest in class.
- Enjoy salad? So does A! He will eat a salad over just about everything, especially if it involves ranch dressing. “Give me more of that white stuff Mom!”
- We’ve officially graduated from using the P word in public places, but Anthony’s current trick involves, “tooting on you!” I can’t make this stuff up folks.
- Basketball at the YMCA is Anthony’s new favorite activity, along with riding his scooter around the block or around Mom’s kitchen.
- While Joey and Lily happily run errands with Dad or follow Daddy around the house, Anthony is still Mom’s little shadow. Which is very endearing as long as it’s not at 4am and he’s standing at the side of my bed STARING AT ME. That gets a little creepy folks.
Joey [4.5 years old]:
- I feel like we’ve hit a really sweet spot with Joey [minus many moments of not listening- he’s one determined preschooler!]. From picking out his clothes for the day to getting his coat and school bag and shoes, Joey is by far the most self-sufficient of the bunch.
- Joey [like Dad] loves to be given projects [his current favorite is unloading all of our Costco goodies] and helping Mom or Dad set the kids’ plates and silverware for lunch or dinner whenever asked, unless his favorite show is on.
- Like Anthony, Joey is loving basketball right now, along with weekly tennis and swim lessons. Have I mentioned I’m exhausted by Friday?!
- Joey’s vocabulary and language clarity has increased SO much this school year, and even one month into 2018 I’ve noticed big changes too. I’ve also noticed he asks more questions than anyone else in our family, still his favorite being, “why?”
- Joey’s new favorite saying is, “I’ve missed you Mom,” when he hasn’t seen me for a few minutes, or hours, and as endearing as that is I’ll admit sometimes I really need the break! But hearing those 4 words does make it extra sweet coming back to the chaos.
Have I mentioned I’m exhausted by Friday? Yeah, pretty sure I just did. But I can also tell you I’m pretty darn grateful by 7pm each day to have survived another day with 3 happy, healthy kiddos. No matter how messy or demanding they might be! They’ll only ask me for milk until they can get it themselves, right? Anyone?? Anyone??
[…] continue for some warm and fuzzies if you’d like. If you know my children or have read any of my day in the life updates, then you can probably take a lucky guess as to who this post is about. My mini-me in all things […]