If there’s one nutrition and health tip that I have a hard time following, despite the endless amount of nutrition research that proves it’s beyond beneficial, it would be eating breakfast. Listen, I know it’s good for you both physically and mentally. There’s even a month and day dedicated to the health benefits associated with breakfast. My issue comes with the fact that I’m not hungry when I wake up. But since becoming a Mom, I’ve noticed that regardless of my hunger cues, a little fuel beyond coffee in the AM really helps with my energy level- and ability to chase a toddler and nurse an infant. SO, to get passed my issue with eating breakfast, I’ve come up with foods to eat that don’t feel like they are weighing me down, and oddly enough, they don’t make me feel like I’m eating breakfast! Insert: the no bake breakfast cookie.
Would you be a breakfast believer if I told you these no bake breakfast cookies were not only tasty, but pretty healthy too?! Oh, and an added plus: they are kid friendly!
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of brown rice crispy cereal [or regular rice krispies]
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup of craisins
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds [optional]
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey and vanilla. Microwave for 20-30 seconds and stir until combined.
- In that same bowl, add in the cereal, oats, craisins, and chocolate chips. Stir together until completely combined.
- Form balls with an ice cream scoop and flatten with your hand to make a cookie shape.
- Store in an air-tight container in your refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
The best part about this recipe? These no bake breakfast cookies go deliciously with a warm cup of coffee!